Dryers Issues and Troubleshooting Tips
In this article…
- Dryer Troubleshooting – Not Drying or Taking a Long Time to Dry
- Reasons for Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Dryer Lint Cleaning Tips
- Dryer Brands We Service
- Dryer Repair in Toronto Area
Dryer Troubleshooting – Not Drying or Taking a Long Time to Dry
The clothes dryer is among the most beloved home appliances because it has simplified and shortened the laundry process. Dryer maintenance is essential because dryers and lint build-up are a lethal combination. Dryer lint buildup causes thousands of residential fires annually across the U.S. and Canada. We offer professional appliance repair in Toronto you can rely on.
One of the easiest ways to keep your dryer running efficiently is to clean out its lint trap, screen and vent. Over time lint, will build up in these areas and prevent your dryer from moving air efficiently, causing your dryer to work harder to dry clothes and use more energy in the process, the other issue is that dryer vent lint fire hazard.
There are devices available to clean out the entire tube from the dryer to the final termination, basically a brush on a flexible pole. These are most appropriate for long duct runs, usually include 12 feet (3.8 m) of a flexible shaft, connect to a cordless drill and come with several brush styles.
Average dryer maintenance and repair costs and services included:
|Labour to repair a dryer||$150-$250|
|Vent replacement labour||$50-150|
|Heat element assembly||from $85|
|Control board or touchpad||from $125|
* depending on the make and model
The problems we are prepared to resolve with dryer machines:
- The dryer won’t start
- The dryer stops turning during the cycle
- The dryer won’t turn at all
- The dryer takes too long
- The dryer is too hot
- The dryer won’t stop
- The dryer doesn’t heat
- Dryer trips breaker
- Dryer makes noise
- Error code on the electronic panel
Thus, dryer repair is crucial to every mistress, you can trust your problems to Fix Appliances CA which provides same-day service in Toronto seven days a week at the highest level.
Reasons for Dryer Vent Cleaning
Cleaning out the lint trap of your dryer is second nature to most. Because it helps our dryer work more efficiently and we know it’s a safety hazard if we don’t.
The same holds true for your dryer vent. This is the tube that runs from your dryer to the outside of your house. It helps remove hot air and moisture. If this vent gets clogged it can lead to many complications. Here are the top 5 reasons why it’s important to keep your dryer vent clean and free from clogs and lint.
- Safety – Dryers run hot and lint is highly flammable, which makes for a dangerous combination.
- Low-Efficiency – We all want our appliances to work as efficiently as possible. A clogged dryer vent could mean your clothes will need multiple cycles before drying correctly or will need to run longer.
- A Clean Dryer Vent Means a Longer Life for Your Dryer – If your dryer is running longer than normal or more than one cycle per load, you’re slowly decreasing the life of your dryer. It’s essentially working double-time! A dryer that is overworked will add considerable wear and tear to your machine. This could lead to malfunctions and needed repairs.
- Mould – The purpose of the dryer vent is to release moisture and hot air outside. The moisture can sometimes create wet spots inside the tube. Built-up lint can get caught in these wet spots and create mould.
- Less Maintenance – Your dryer will last longer and work better if it’s properly cared for. Cleaning the vent regularly will help ensure that your clothes are being dried in a timely manner and you aren’t wasting unnecessary energy. Extended drying times can even cause strain on your fabrics.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Your clothes will dry faster.
- Your dryer will last longer with fewer repairs.
- Lower your power bill.
- Reduce your risk of a potential dryer fire.
Dryer Lint Cleaning Tips
Cleaning your lint trap has three substantial benefits:
- It prolongs the life of your dryer’s heating element.
- It helps your clothes dry more quickly.
- It keeps energy bills down. Cleaning a lint trap is simple, but there’s more to it than scraping lint from the screen.
Cleaning a Dryer Lint Trap
- Remove the lint screen, and use a vacuum to remove any small bits of leftover lint.
- Take the lint trap screen to the sink, and wash it with warm soap and water.
- While the lint trap dries, use your vacuum to clean the slot the lint trap slides into. Use a long, narrow vacuum extension to reach as far down as possible.
- If you’re feeling handy, some lint traps can be more fully accessed if you remove a cover on the machine. Look for a set of screws or a latch that might allow access to this area. Before you start taking stuff apart, it’s a good idea to take a photo you can reference during reassembly.
How to Clean a Dryer Exhaust Hose
Do you have an inline dryer hose lint trap? This acts as a second barrier to keep lint from accumulating in your dryer exhaust hose. It’s basically a lint screen for your dryer hose that catches lint after it is exhausted from the dryer. If you have one, make sure you clean this out with a vacuum. If you don’t have an inline dryer hose lint trap, you’ll want to clean out your exhaust hose by following these steps:
1) Have a friend help you move the dryer away from the wall. Be cautious of any gas, water or electric lines.
2) Remove the clamp on the end of the hose that connects it to the dryer.
3) Once you have access to the hose, vacuum up excess lint within the hose and the dryer.
4) If you see significant buildup, you may want to purchase a special brush that is just the right size for the hose.
5) Trace your dryer hose all the way to the exterior vent. You may find other areas where you can remove a clamp to access the interior of the hose and remove lint.
Dryer Brands We Service
Amana, Bosch, Frigidaire, General Electric, Electrolux, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, LG, Maytag, Miele, Samsung, Whirlpool and many more appliances make. By cleaning your dryer vents regularly, you can prevent fire incidents from happening. While it is good to know how to clean your dryer vent, it is much better to leave it to the professionals for a thorough and safe cleaning.
Dryer Repair in Toronto Area
If you’re uncomfortable with this procedure, it may be best to hire a professional to clean your dryer hose and vent about once a year. Moreover, our professional team is ready to help you the same day you contact us either for dryer vent cleaning or dryer repai as a whole. Call or text us for Toronto dryer repair at 647-503-6655 or book an appointment by filling up the contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer a dryer repair service in Toronto?
How much should it cost to clean out a dryer vent?
What happens if you don't clean dryer vents?
How often do you clean a lint filter?
You might also like