How to install the Over-the-Range Panasonic Microwave
In this article…
- SUPPLY CIRCUIT AND GROUNDING REQUIREMENTS
- MOUNTING SURFACE WEIGHT CAPACITY REQUIREMENTS
- Over-the-Range Installation Procedure
- STEP 1. Pre-installation Check Points
- STEP 2. Using the Template
- STEP 3: Installing the Mounting Bracket
- STEP 4: Installing the Microwave Oven
- STEP 5: Installing the Exhaust Adaptor and Air Filter
- STEP 6: Operation Checklist
- Fix Appliances CA – Authorized Panasonic Installation Company
Panasonic microwaves can be found in most Canadian homes. Being widely spread all over the world, they are intelligent and simple to use which means you can cook fresh, healthy meals in a fraction of the time vs a traditional oven. From shopping at fresh food markets and healthy snacks during the day to social cooking at weekends with friends & family, our lifestyle is changing over time.
Fix Appliances CA provides microwave installation services at a high level, offering the manufacturer’s warranty on the repair if you need it later. Our professional technicians prepare a guide on “how to install” the Over-the-Range Panasonic Microwave, taking as an example model NN-SE284. The concept of this installation procedure applies to all Panasonic over-the-range microwaves.
Before proceeding, it is necessary to follow specific safety precautions and requirements:
SUPPLY CIRCUIT AND GROUNDING REQUIREMENTS
This oven must be plugged into a 15 AMP or 20 AMP, 120 volts, 60 Hz, 3 prongs grounded outlet. The outlet must be connected to a separate 15 AMP or 20 AMP circuit of the proper voltage and frequency.
The recommended location for this outlet is inside the cabinet directly above where the oven is going to be installed. This location is desirable because the power supply cord on the product is short.
The installer must perform a ground continuity check on the outlet box to ensure that it is properly grounded, and if it does not meet the electrical requirements of the product, a qualified electrician should be employed to correct any deficiencies.
MOUNTING SURFACE WEIGHT CAPACITY REQUIREMENTS
For personal safety, any mounting surface for this product must be capable of supporting the product’s weight of 55 lbs (25 kg), taking into account additional oven loads of up to 22 lbs (10 kg). The total weight will be about 77 lbs (35 kg).
Proper installation of this product requires that the product be partially supported by the bottom surface of the cabinet directly above the mounting location. Therefore reinforcing this bottom might be necessary if the cabinet cannot support the weight requirement mentioned above.
Then, you must be sure that you have all the necessary tools ready: adhesive tape, tape measure, screwdriver, electric or hand drill, side cutter or tin snips, metal file, electric or hand jigsaw, and marking pen. Plus, you will need specific hardware, for example, screws of different sizes and diameters, a metal brace, a flat washer, toggle bolts and others.
Over-the-Range Installation Procedure
STEP 1. Pre-installation Check Points:
- Prepare space and make sure that the dimensions fit.
- Confirm the separated line electric outlet.
- Exhaust Preparation: it will depend on the type of ventilation required for your installation (top exhaust, recirculating, rear exhaust). If your oven is vented into the kitchen, the standard charcoal filter is already installed in your oven, ready for recirculating mode.
- Exhaust Duct.
STEP 2. Using the Template
- To prepare the bottom surface of the top cabinet and the wall, holes must be drilled or cut into these surfaces. A template is provided for preparing these holes.
- Wall and Cabinet preparation
- Fold the template along a “Rear wall” dotted line. Align the center line with the center line on the wall and the top cabinet. Tape the template underneath the top cabinet and the wall.
STEP 3: Installing the Mounting Bracket
Note: To support the oven’s weight, the bracket must be secured by at least four wood screws on the wall studs (2 screws on each side) or two wood screws on the wall studs and 4 toggle bolts through the wall.
Preparation of Bracket Assembly
Note: If Rear Exhaust is chosen, the product needs a Rear Wall Exhaust cutout opening for the Rear Wall duct, and the Exhaust adaptor must be installed on the bracket with two screws.
Installation of Bracket
- Draw a wall stud line.
- Centre the bracket assembly against the wall and top cabinet.
- Drill holes.
STEP 4: Installing the Microwave Oven
- Remove contents from inside the oven including the glass tray and wire rack. Be sure to close the door. Remove all contents from the upper kitchen cabinet.
- Place a piece of cardboard or blanket on the cooktop, and place the oven on the cardboard or blanket. Before sliding the oven on the bracket assembly, ensure the power supply cord is accessible through the cabinet.
- Pass the AC cord through the kitchen cabinet hole.
- Lift and install the oven onto the bracket by sliding it over the bracket rails. This is easily and safely accomplished with one person on each side of the oven. Push the oven back until it is flush with the wall.
- Pull the power supply cord throughout and be careful not to pinch it between the oven’s outer case and the cabinet’s bottom. The oven should fit snugly underneath the lip of the bracket’s upper edge.
- Insert one screw with a flat washer through the left hole drilled through the top cabinet’s bottom and into the top of the oven. Then, insert another screw with a flat washer and the metal brace through the right hole into the top of the oven.
- While tightening these screws, lift the front side of the oven and push it toward the wall. This ensures flush and level mounting.
STEP 5: Installing the Exhaust Adaptor and Air Filter
Note: If the Top Exhaust application is chosen, Mount Exhaust Adaptor follow steps 1-3 below. Remove 2 screws from the top plate.
- Mount Exhaust Adaptor
- Plug the AC cord in and turn on the exhaust fan. Confirm the flapper opened freely
- Insert a 31/2″×10″ adaptor with a 6″ duct onto the oven Exhaust Adaptor and secure it with duct tape
- Grasp the ring of the air filter, insert the end of the air filter without the ring into the opening, and slide back to the position
STEP 6: Operation Checklist
- Make sure the unit has been installed according to these instructions.
- Remove all packing materials from the oven.
- Replace the house fuse or turn the circuit breaker back on.
- Plug the power cord into a receptacle.
- Read operating instructions before testing the product.
- Turn on the exhaust fan at Turbo speed and confirm it is operating using a tissue (it will stick to the filter.)
- Confirm the outdoor exhaust flapper has opened.
- Set the microwave oven for 1 minute and confirm the oven is operating normally using a cup of water.
- Keep these installation instructions for the local electrical inspector’s use.
Having read this manual, we insist on contacting the professionals.
Fix Appliances CA – Authorized Panasonic Installation Company
You should consider that when you do it by yourself, you lose the warranty from the manufacturer. Thus, if you want to keep the warranty, and receive microwave installation services from qualified technicians, call Fix Appliances CA Toronto or other GTA areas and get the installation of your kitchen appliance from an authorized Panasonic repair company.
We are available seven days a week, including holidays, contact us by phone at 888-242-0777 or submit a request online.
FAQ: Top Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to install a microwave oven?
Why does Panasonic microwave have no power?
Is there a fuse in a Panasonic microwave?
What kind of fuse does a Panasonic microwave use?
You might also like