Tackling Maytag Washing Machine Error: Sud
Maytag washing machines are equipped with error codes to alert users to potential issues, and one such code is Sud. It indicates a problem with excessive suds during the wash cycle. This guide was designed to give a complete explanation on when the Sud error code typically occurs, identify the responsible components, and provide effective solutions to resolve this common problem.
When does Sud on Maytag washer happen
The Sud error code on Maytag washing machines occurs when an excessive amount of detergent or the wrong type of detergent is used, leading to an overflow of suds.
You may usually see this code during the wash cycle when the machine detects suds beyond the normal level, impeding proper washing and rinsing.
What parts of Maytag washing machine are responsible for this error code
Understanding the components involved in the Sud error is important to find a solution:
- Detergent Dispenser: the detergent dispenser releases detergent into the washing machine. An issue with the dispenser can contribute to excessive suds.
- Water Drain System: the drain pump and hoses are responsible for removing water from the drum. Excessive suds can affect the drainage system, triggering the Sud error.
- Pressure Switch: the pressure switch monitors the water level in the drum. Excessive suds can interfere with the pressure switch’s function, leading to the error code.
How to solve this problem
To solve Sud error on Maytag washing machine, you need to follow next steps:
Step 1: Stop the Wash Cycle
- If the Sud error appears, stop the washing machine and allow it to pause the cycle. The machine will attempt to reduce suds and continue after a brief pause.
Step 2: Reduce Detergent Usage
- Review the detergent manufacturer’s guidelines and use the recommended amount for the specific load size.
- Avoid using excessive amounts of detergent, as this can lead to oversudsing.
Step 3: Check Detergent Type
- Ensure that the detergent used is suitable for high-efficiency (HE) washing machines.
- Use low-sudsing or HE detergent to minimize sudsing.
Step 4: Clean Detergent Dispenser
- Regularly clean the detergent dispenser to prevent residue buildup.
- Remove any clogs or blockages that may be impeding proper detergent flow.
Step 5: Run a Rinse Cycle
- Run an extra rinse cycle to help remove excess detergent and suds from the clothing and the machine.
Step 6: Inspect Drain System
- Check the drain pump and hoses for any blockages or restrictions.
- Ensure the drain hose is not kinked or obstructed, allowing proper water drainage.
Step 7: Professional Assistance
- If the problem is still here or if you doubt about conducting further repairs, you may contact a professional.
|Stop the Wash Cycle.
|Reduce Detergent Usage.
|Check Detergent Type.
|Clean Detergent Dispenser.
|Run a Rinse Cycle.
|Inspect Drain System.
Addressing the Sud error code in Maytag washing machines involves adjusting detergent usage, cleaning the detergent dispenser, and ensuring proper drainage. Using this guide will help you to ensure that your home appliance works correctly.
Date of page creation: February 07, 2024
Page update date: February 07, 2024
Ask a Question
You might also like