Unraveling Samsung Washing Machine Error FE: Reasons and Solutions
Samsung washing machines may face error problems during their performance. Let’s try to delve into the specifics of the FE error code, understanding when it occurs, identifying the responsible components, and providing practical solutions to address these issues.
When does this code happen
FE Error Code:
- Occur When: The FE error code typically takes place when there is an issue with the water filling process, and the machine detects an overfill or excessive water intake.
- Possible Causes:
- Faulty water inlet valve(the FE error code may occur due to problems with the water inlet valve, which regulates the flow of water into the washing machine). The possible reasons for this are valve malfunction (the water inlet valve may fail to open or close properly), sediment buildup (accumulation of sediment or debris in the valve, restricting water flow) or valve stuck open (the valve may remain open, causing an overfill situation).
- Water pressure problems (insufficient or excessive water pressure can contribute to the FE error code). It may be caused by low or high water pressure.
- Sensor or control board issues (the water level sensor is responsible for detecting the water level inside the washing machine drum). It may be caused by sensor malfunction or loose connections.
- Control Board Malfunction (issues with the washing machine’s control board can lead to communication problems and trigger the FE error). The possible reasons for this are electronic failures (malfunctions or faults in the control board) or burnt components (overheating or burnt components on the control board).
- What parts of the washing machine are responsible for this error code?
|Water inlet valve.
|Water pressure system.
Getting the elements related to the error codes is crucial for effective diagnosis and resolution.
How to fix this issue
FE Error Code:
Pause and Unplug:
- If the FE error occurs during a cycle, pause the machine and unplug it from the electrical outlet to ensure safety.
Check Water Inlet Valve:
- Physically inspect the water inlet valve for visible signs of damage or malfunction.
- Confirm that the valve opens and closes properly.
Inspect Water Pressure:
- Check the water pressure from the household supply. Ensure it meets the recommended levels specified in the user manual.
- Clean the inlet filters to remove any debris that might affect water flow.
Run a Cold Water Cycle:
- Initiate a cold water cycle to observe if the machine fills without triggering the FE error.
- This helps determine if the issue is specific to hot water intake.
Check Hose Connections:
- Inspect the hose connections to ensure they are securely attached to both the machine and the water supply.
- Replace any damaged or leaking hoses.
Sensor and Control Board Inspection:
- Inspect the water level sensor for visible damage or loose connections.
- Check the control board for signs of malfunction or burnt components.
Replace Faulty Components:
- If the water inlet valve, sensor, or control board is found to be faulty, consider replacing the damaged components.
- Use genuine Samsung replacement parts for optimal compatibility.
- If the error persists or if there are concerns regarding the water pressure system or electronic components, seek professional assistance.
- Technicians can conduct a thorough diagnosis and address more complex issues.
The FE error code in Samsung washing machines signals potential issues with the water filling process. By following the outlined troubleshooting steps, you can effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to this type of code. Remember, that regular maintenance practices and prompt attention to error codes contribute to the longevity and reliable performance of the washing machine.
If you still have questions – you may contact us.
Date of page creation: February 08, 2024
Page update date: February 08, 2024
Ask a Question
You might also like