Diagnosing and Solving HE2 Error Code on Samsung Washer
Even Samsung washing machines, renowned for their advanced features, may encounter error codes that demand prompt attention for uninterrupted performance. Let’s try to unravel the specifics of the HE2 error code in order to understand when it occurs, what components of appliance are responsible for that and how it can be addressed.
When do these codes take place
HE2 Error Code:
- Occur When: The HE2 error code typically manifests when there is a malfunction in the water heating system during the washing machine’s operation.
- Possible Causes:
- Heating element malfunctions (the HE2 error code may occur due to issues with the heating element, responsible for warming the water during specific washing cycles). It may be caused by gradual deterioration of the heating element over time, exposure to moisture leading to corrosion of the heating element or electrical issues (faults in the electrical components of the heating element).
- Temperature sensor issues: they may be caused by inability of the temperature sensor to accurately detect water temperature or poor electrical connections affecting sensor performance.
- Water heating system failures: possible causes responsible for this include disruptions in the electrical circuit responsible for heating water and control board malfunction (failure of the control board to regulate the water heating).
- What parts of the washing machine are responsible for this error code?
Knowing this will help to effectively diagnose and solve the issue.
How to fix this problem
HE2 Error Code:
Pause and Unplug:
- If the HE2 error occurs during a cycle, pause the machine and unplug it from the electrical outlet to ensure safety.
Check Heating Element:
- Physically inspect the heating element for visible signs of damage, such as corrosion or breakage.
- Confirm that the heating element is functioning properly.
Inspect Temperature Sensor:
- Inspect the temperature sensor for visible damage or loose connections.
- Measure the sensor’s resistance using a multimeter to ensure it is within the specified range.
Run a Cold Water Cycle:
- Initiate a cold water cycle to observe if the machine operates without triggering the HE2 error.
- This helps determine if the issue is specific to hot water-related components.
Check Wiring Connections:
- Examine the wiring connected to the heating element and temperature sensor for any visible issues.
- Ensure all connections are secure and are not damaged or be affected by corrosion.
Adjust Water Temperature Setting:
- Ensure that the washing machine’s water temperature setting is appropriate for the selected cycle.
- Adjust the temperature setting if necessary.
Clean the Water Inlet Filters:
- Clean the water inlet filters to remove any debris that might hinder water flow to the heating element.
Run a Test Cycle:
- After performing the checks and potential fixes, run a test cycle to observe the machine’s performance.
- Monitor for any recurrence of the HE2 error code.
- If the error persists or if there are concerns regarding the heating element, temperature sensor, or control board, seek professional assistance.
- Technicians can conduct a thorough diagnosis and address more complex issues.
The HE2 error code in Samsung washing machines indicates potential issues with the water heating system, heating element, temperature sensor, or control board. By following the outlined troubleshooting steps, you can effectively diagnose and resolve these problems. Regular maintenance practices and prompt attention to error codes will help you to maintain longevity and reliable performance of the washing machine.
In case you need professional help with your appliance – you may contact us.
Date of page creation: February 08, 2024
Page update date: February 08, 2024
Ask a Question
You might also like