Miele Dishwasher Circulation Pump Repair Issues
Being a German manufacturer of high-end domestic appliances and commercial equipment, headquartered in the city of Gütersloh, Miele was founded in 1899 by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann. This company has always been a family-owned and run business. Today, Miele remains the biggest leading company in the appliance manufacturing field. It is well-known in every corner of the world for its superiority in irreproachable design, convenient function, perfect quality, durability and reliability of home appliances.
Is your dishwasher not getting enough hot water? Is your indispensable appliance failing to cycle correctly? Are the jets broken or clogged? Whatever the Miele issue is, we have years of experience fixing it. You will believe in us to get you up and running again with prompt and gracious service. Let us implement our 18-year expertise to give you remarkable dishwasher repair as closely as possible.
Miele Dishwasher Troubleshooting Tips
Dishwashers from Miele have a “Start/Stop” light button that flashes once you turn it on. When it doesn’t flash, you should verify if the appliance is plugged in and the selected dishwasher program has been chosen correctly. Be sure that you close the washer door tightly and press the “Start/Stop” button.
What to Do When the Dishwasher Doesn’t Turn On
If the dishwasher doesn’t start, please follow the below steps to help you find the problem. Do this before you decide that there is a problem with your appliance. Check the user manual for specific details of your appliance type and model. These points can be general guidance in determining the issue.
- Check whether the power is switched on from the power line to the machine and whether the button “Power” on your dishwasher is on.
- Then, check the plug, outlet and power cable for possible damage.
- Try another electrical appliance in the electrical outlet. You can make sure that the outlet is not faulty.
- Verify that the door is closed tightly and properly.
- Check that the waterproof system (“Intek hose)” is connected to the hot water and that the shutoff water valve is turned on correctly. The “On” position is when the tap handle is directed downstream to the same line as the water supply hose.
- Check whether the drain filter is not clogged.
- Many dishwashers have a “Pause” and “Child Lock” function; if yes, please check if they are not activated.
- In addition, some dishwashers also have a “reset” function. As a rule, this may be done by switching ‘OFF” the dishwasher and then switching “ON” again after one minute and resetting the required program, or it may have a dedicated reset button. Check the user manual for precise details on your appliance.
What to Do When the Dishwasher Doesn’t Work Correctly
Furthermore, if your Miele dishwasher continues working improperly, there are several things you can try:
- Remove any old detergent from the dispenser if the dispenser does not close properly. NB: use dry and non-clumping detergent only; moreover, the one recommended by the manufacturer Miele.
- If you hear a rattling noise, immediately stop your Miele dishwasher and reposition some dishes. Chipping can be caused by the dishes hitting each other.
- A knocking noise inside the tub means the spray arm is blocked. Remove any items that keep the arm from moving freely, and use a rinse aid to help dry and reduce spots on glasses. After that, let the cycle completely finish before removing the dishes.
- A problem with the drain pump usually results in a loud squealing, buzzing, and/or grinding sound. It should be noticeable when the dishwasher drains at the wash cycle’s beginning and end. A simple cleaning of the drain filter usually solves the issue.
However, if you require help from the Miele experts, our customer service can provide rapid and reliable assistance. Contact Fix Appliances CA service at 888-242-0777; our technical service team will gladly help you.
Miele Dishwashers Error Codes Indicating Blocked Circulation Pump
The Miele dishwasher will not start at all, or it stops mid-cycle? Our professionals advise paying special attention to errors. Let’s look at the most common blockage errors you can face with a blocked circulation pump: F14, F69, and F78. All these errors on display show that a failing wash circulation pump causes a problem with the dishwasher.
If you find out that the circulation pump is clogged or has become dry and is stuck simultaneously, remove the filter units; add 1 litre of warm water with 3-5 drops of rinse aid into the filter area and wait for 5 minutes. After that, you can run the program and repeat the procedure twice or thrice.
But, if you do not resolve the problem following these simple steps, you should switch the power off for 30 seconds, and only after that, run the dishwasher programme again. If the problem remains, please use our online service to book a repair diagnostic at your place.
Troubleshooting Dishwasher Circulation Wash Pump Motor
The motor service frees up the circulation pump impeller. If you don’t use your dishwasher often, the circulation pump can get stuck and not rotate.
F14 error means the circulation pump can’t generate enough force or enough pressure. That is why it is necessary to fix this by trying to get this circulation pump to have less friction. Follow this procedure:
- First, take the dishwasher out of the cabinet. Thus, remove the triple filter and try to drain some water.
- Turn on the power by pressing the start light until it blinks and then it will take a couple of seconds, press it again, and that will activate the drain. It also resets the computer and eliminates errors, which will help drain out any remaining water. It is normal that on the Miele dishwasher, there will probably be about an inch’s worth of water left.
- Remove little caps that are covering screws that hold the dishwasher into the cabinet, and pull the dishwasher out. They will give you enough drain line and intake line where you can get it out without disconnecting those things but take your time to make sure you will not stretch any of those tubes as you remove them.
- Take off the plates: remove four small screws that hold onto the drift plate at the bottom of the dishwasher. After spinning off, you can remove the plate and access the circulation motor. Circulation motors are expensive enough (it will cost about $500-$800 from Miele); thus, the repair is worth it.
- Having access to the motor, you should remove all wire and hose connections. Then, look for any electrical connector that can be found on the heater pressure switch. After that, you should remove a ground connector, a modular connector, and a couple of connectors for the motor.
- Use a standard head screwdriver to help gently pry the back of the circulation motor out of the back of the dishwasher. Pull it out at about 45°. Do not rush. Be sure that you have all of your connections off. Do not forget to take photos to remember the right places for all connections. Remove the heat or pressure switch, or take everything out. The circulation motor is out now.
- Remove four screws off the part called the partition assembly off the motor. This will allow getting to the impeller. The impeller caught something in it, reducing the pressure this motor can create. That is why it gets the F14 sign.
- Grab the impeller and turn it instead of lefty-righty. It will be righty loosey, and this is a reverse thread circumstance. So, righty loosey loose gets it off, so spin it off by hand. Here’s the impeller, and now you can pull out a piece of junk that got caught in the impeller. In most cases, the customer accidentally had the filter loose, so some junk was inside the dishwasher. And it got sucked in the impeller. Just one of the little parts of the impeller was clogged, probably reducing its efficiency by 10%, which can be enough to cause this error.
- When you pull it out, it is better to put in a new partition kit. Look for any corrosion on other parts, and if yes, take it off the motor using a wire brush. Put a new partition kit as it is better because seals tend to leak, and the new rubber would last a long time. It should be put on the impeller with the obstruction removed by going lefty-righty (turn to left to tighten).
- Use the standard screwdriver to block the cooling fan in the back to lock the shaft. Then, tighten the impeller first, carefully. Do not tighten too hard not to break the housing. Put it in the gasket with the new partition kit and a new piece of rubber. Then, look at everything before you put it back together and ensure you get rid of all the dirt.
- Follow the abovementioned steps in reverse. Put the rest back, tighten up the screws, then put the circulation motor back in a position coming in at about 45°. Then, push in the back until it clicks into position. Two little lugs will lock them into the metal plate in the back. Ensure you have all the connections: two hose connections, the power connections for the motor, and the connections for the heater pressure switch.
- Before you put on the plate, make sure you have two hose connections back on tight, your clamps aren’t tight, have all of the ground connections with the green wires, and have the motor power connections done. You have the heater pressure switch ground connection done with electrical connections and then put in 4 screws that hold the drip plate.
- Put your dishwasher back into the cabinet as it was and test your machine to ensure the F14 error has gone away. Now, you can enjoy the great work of the dishwasher for many years ahead.
But never start repairing if you do not have any experience, special knowledge and tools. You can cause more damage to your appliance that will be impossible to fix.
FIX Appliances CA Offers Reliable, Same-Say Miele dishwasher Services All Over Toronto and the GTA!
Of course, you can find many DIY videos from technicians, but you should remember that if you are unsure you can define and fix the problem, contact the Miele technicians at Fix Appliances CA.
We have many years of experience in this business, and you will receive your dishwasher back in working condition. We use only new original parts during the repair or replacement. After professional repair, this appliance will last years. Call or text us for Miele Dishwasher Service: at 647-503-6655 or request an appointment online.
Date of page creation: March 07, 2023
Page update date: October 05, 2023
Ask a Question
FAQ: Top Frequently Asked Questions
How do you test a dishwasher motor circulation?
What causes the dishwasher circulation pump to fail?
Can you fix a Miele circulation pump?
Is it worth it to replace a drain pump in a dishwasher?
You might also like