Decoding LG Washing Machine Error FE: Causes and Solutions
Sometimes, LG washing machines may encounter error codes that require immediate attention for optimal performance. Let’s try to unravel the specifics of the FE error code, understanding when it occurs, identifying the responsible components, and providing practical solutions to fix this problem.
When does the FE code take place
FE Error Code:
- Occurs When: The FE error code typically occurs during the washing machine’s operation, signaling water overflow or excessive water intake issues.
- Possible Causes:
- Water supply issues: may happen because of inadequate water pressure reaching the washing machine or temporary disruption in the water supply..
- Faulty water inlet valve: may be caused by debris or sediment blocking the water inlet valve or mechanical or electrical failure of the water inlet valve.
- Pressure switch malfunctions: may be caused by obstructions in the hose connected to the pressure switch and mechanical or electrical failure of the pressure switch.
- What parts of the washing machine are responsible for this error code?
|Water inlet valve.
Knowing this will help to diagnose the problem very quickly.
How to address this code of LG washer
FE Error Code:
Pause and Unplug:
- If the FE error occurs during a cycle, pause the machine and unplug it from the electrical outlet to ensure safety.
Check Water Supply:
- Verify that the water supply to the washing machine is adequate and the water pressure is within the recommended range.
- Ensure that the water inlet valves are fully open.
Inspect Inlet Hoses:
- Examine the inlet hoses for kinks, bends, or obstructions that may impede water flow.
- Replace damaged hoses and ensure proper installation.
Examine Water Inlet Valve:
- Check the water inlet valve for visible signs of damage, corrosion, or clogs.
- Test the valve’s functionality by applying voltage to it and checking for water flow.
Clear Water Inlet Filters:
- If applicable, clean or replace the water inlet filters to ensure unobstructed water flow.
- Consult the user manual for the location and maintenance of filters.
Check Pressure Switch:
- Inspect the pressure switch, responsible for monitoring water levels.
- Ensure that the pressure switch hose is not kinked, blocked, or disconnected.
Run a Test Cycle:
- After performing the checks and potential fixes, run a test cycle to observe the machine’s performance.
- Monitor for any recurrence of the FE error.
- If the error persists or if there are concerns regarding the water inlet valve, pressure switch, or other complex issues, seek professional assistance.
- Technicians can conduct a thorough diagnosis and address more intricate problems.
The FE error code in LG washing machines indicates potential issues with water supply, the water inlet valve, or the pressure switch. By following the outlined troubleshooting steps, you will easily detect and solve them. Regular maintenance practices and prompt attention to error codes is necessary to maintain the longevity of your appliance.
If you still doubt how to fix your washer – contact us, and our technicians will resolve your home appliance problems.
Date of page creation: February 09, 2024
Page update date: February 09, 2024
Ask a Question
You might also like