Tackling the tE Error Code on LG Washing Machines: How to Do This?
Even qualified home appliances, such as LG washers, may occasionally face problems, and tE is one of these potential challenges. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore when the tE error code occurs, identify the responsible components, and give effective solutions to resolve this problem.
When does the tE Error Code Happen
The tE error code, commonly known as the “Thermistor Error”, typically occurs when there is an issue with the washing machine’s temperature sensor. This sensor, also known as the thermistor, monitors the water temperature during various wash cycles.
The tE error is triggered when the thermistor detects an abnormal temperature reading.
Components Caused the tE Error Code
The primary part involved in the tE error occurrence is thermistor (temperature sensor): the thermistor is responsible for measuring the water temperature in the washing machine. Anomalies in its readings can lead to the tE error.
|Measures the water temperature for precise washing cycles.
How to Fix This Type of Problem
Resolving the tE error code needs a systematic approach to address issues related to the temperature sensor. In order to solve this, you should follow these recommendations in a given order:
Pause and Restart the Cycle:
- If the tE error occurs mid-cycle, pause the machine, and restart the cycle. This can sometimes reset the sensor and resolve temporary glitches.
Check Water Temperature:
- Verify that the hot and cold water supply to the washing machine is functioning correctly. Inaccurate water temperatures can affect the readings of the thermistor. Adjust the water heater settings if necessary.
Inspect the Thermistor:
- Examine the thermistor for any visible damage, loose connections, or debris. Clean the sensor and its surroundings to ensure accurate temperature readings. If issues persist, consider replacing the thermistor.
Run a Diagnostic Test:
- Some LG washing machines have a diagnostic mode that allows users to test individual components. Refer to the user manual for instructions on running a diagnostic test to assess the thermistor’s functionality.
Replace the Thermistor:
- If the thermistor is found to be faulty or if diagnostic tests indicate an issue, consider replacing the temperature sensor. Consult the user manual or contact LG customer support for guidance on obtaining and installing a replacement thermistor.
- If troubleshooting efforts do not resolve the tE error, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance. You may contact us, and our technicians will solve your problem as soon as possible.
The tE error on LG washing machines is primarily associated with issues related to the temperature sensor or thermistor. By systematically addressing problems with water temperature, inspecting and cleaning the thermistor, and considering replacement if necessary, you can effectively troubleshoot and resolve the tE error, ensuring the continued reliability and performance of your LG appliance.
Remember that regular maintenance practices and proper attention to error codes contribute to the longevity of washers.
Date of page creation: February 09, 2024
Page update date: February 09, 2024
Ask a Question
You might also like